Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Visiting the Doc...AGAIN!

It seems like as you near the end of pregnancy you're visiting your OB nearly every other day. Tomorrow we go in for another appointment which will probably take all of ten minutes. The last two days I've been feeling much better...still very tired but in overall better health. Shane has been on me about staying hydrated and I really think that has made a difference. I just simply do not drink enough and that can be a big problem when you're pregnant. So even though I hate doing it, I've been drinking water up a storm and heading to the bathroom every five minutes. At my last appointment I found out that I did test positive for the Group B strep and will again have to be put on medication when I arrive at the hospital for delivery. We pretty much figured that would be the case and the Dr. assured us that it is no big deal. If by the weekend there is no sign of labor, Shane and I are planning a trip to Tobias' Animal Farm with Jack. Since the weather is supposed to be a bit cooler and much less humid we're planning a picnic lunch, some animal watching, and a reptile show. Maybe I'll rent one of those motorized wheelchairs to get myself around the park. Since the park is basically all dirt I can imagine it'd look like quite the dust storm wherever we went. I'd be like "Pigpen" from Charlie Brown....but at least my ankles wouldn't swell up like balloons! Yep, just me, my wheelchair, and a big glass of water...fun times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mer me too - wheelchair and water and lots and lots of dust....we're going to Knoebel's and I have really been having a rough time with my back and leg. I told Keith I'm going to rent a motorized wheelchair no matter what I look like!!???? Brooke said that she'd ride with me. That's my girl!!!!!

Maranda said...

I do not blame you one bit Kel! We thought about taking Jack to Knoebel's too but between the heat and all the walking I don't think I'd make it. I'm so sorry to hear that your back and leg are hurting...you deserve to get out and have some fun and I think it's great that Brooke would ride with you--she is such a sweetheart. Besides, have you ever noticed some of the people that walk around up there??? You'll be just fine in your wheelchair.