Sunday, August 23, 2009

Getting Ready!

Last night I sat on the couch timing contractions....they were coming about every ten minutes but turned out just to be Braxton-Hicks. They didn't last for much more than an hour but it motivated me to get myself ready for our hospital stay. I got up this morning and immediately tried to get a bag together for myself. I didn't use 90 percent of the things my pregnancy books told me to take along when Jack was born so hopefully this time I will be more prepared. After realizing I only have about 2 or 3 pairs of stretch Capri's that still fit me, I figured it was pretty much pointless to pack any clothes just yet. I did however get the baby's bag packed up and ready to go. I think it really hit me as I was folding the little dress and sleepers....we'll be bringing a baby home soon....very soon. Our daughter. I'm not sure if I'm ready but I don't think anyone ever truly is. Tonight my Aunt Connie and Gram stopped by to see Jack's new bedroom. He LOVED showing it off to them...he was as proud as a peacock. He enjoyed the company and getting to be the center of attention for some fresh faces. I just found out that my sister Ang and her family may be coming for a visit over the holiday weekend. We are so excited to see them and to let Jack and his cousin Zayden finally play together. They are just 3 mos. apart in age and I'm sure it will be a real riot when these two get together. I know they will be the best of friends. Well, I better get myself to bed, you never know when those contractions will start up again AND be the real thing!!! I hope you all had a great weekend....I'm looking forward to a nice week with Shane and Jack. And congratulations to our friend Angela who had her baby girl yesterday. Welcome to the world, Emily! Little Emily was due just three days before our baby, which is another reason why I was so eager to pack my bag this morning!!!

No comments: