Thursday, August 6, 2009
Baby Expected To Weigh 13 lbs....NOT!!!
Today we went to our Dr. appointments and at our first appointment they did the routine swab for Group B Strep which I had with Jack and will most likely have with this baby as well. A lot of women have it and it really doesn't pose a problem as long as they give you some medication when you're checked into the hospital for delivery. The medication they gave me with Jack may have gotten rid of it, but chances are I still carry it and will need the medication again. Then we went on to our second appointment and had an ultrasound performed. The doctor told us that everything looks good, the baby's head is down, and then he said she'll probably weigh "about 13 pounds...just kidding!" Uh, don't even joke about that, sir! But really, he told us to expect her to weigh about as much as Jack weighed, maybe a little more. Jack was 8lbs. 3 oz. so we'll see. Right now the Dr. said she weighs approx. 5 pounds 11 ounces and boy has she been moving and kicking up a storm. Her heartbeat was in the 150's which the Dr. said is nice and strong. So I am much more at ease knowing that I won't have to deliver a ten pound baby although as long as she is healthy I don't really care what I have to do! I won't lie, it is the worst pain you'll ever feel in your life but you'll forget about it in no time! Now we'll visit our OB every week until it's showtime. So the only real thing to do now is try to relax and rest as much as possible this next month, get our home in order, and wait for the contractions to begin.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So exciting!! I wish I knew when she was coming for sure so I could plan a visit.
Man, I would have REALLY pittied you!
Post a Comment