Saturday, August 8, 2009
Buying For Baby = Big Bucks
Today we took a trip to the big city to buy some more "must haves" for the baby. We stopped at Babies R' Us to pick up a new baby monitor, (Jack's still works fine, but we need it for his room) a changing pad for on top of the changing table, a changing pad cover, and a few other things we just couldn't live without... Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the changing pad itself only cost $25 but the changing pad cover cost another $16!!!! That's ridiculous! I was thinking the price would be around 4 or 5 bucks....I mean the thing is only going to get peed and pooped on. Why does it cost nearly as much as the pad itself? Wow, they really know when to stick it to you. Thank goodness we had money from the baby shower and some gift cards or you'd go broke in that place. I probably should've shopped around, but I was not in the mood to do so with a 2 year old who desperately needed a nap. Then I went to nearly every dollar store in a hundred mile radius searching for these adorable pink butterfly wallies to finish the nursery and I couldn't find a single one. Then I came home and checked e-bay....some ruthless wacko was selling 7 sheets (actual price is $1.00 a sheet) for $30!!!! Then some sweetheart was selling one sheet for 99 cents but wanted $7.95 for shipping. For a sheet of stickers! Sorry, but I'll think of something else! I can't stand people who will stoop so low and take advantage of others just to make a buck. Ok, I'm done ranting....I have to get some sleep. But I must say that despite the high price of living these days we still had a very enjoyable time together. I hope you all had a great Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Maranda, I tried to call you today (August 12), but no answer. I went to the Dollar Tree near my work and I didn't find anything there. I did hear over the PA system that they have a "new and improved" website that you can order things from www.dollartree.com. You may want to check there if they have the wall clings you are looking for.
Post a Comment