Friday, August 28, 2009
Down By The Riverside...
We just got home from an afternoon spent fishing along the bank of the river. Sadly, we did not catch a single fish but Jack had lots of fun splashing in the water, throwing rocks, looking for crayfish, helping Daddy fish, and getting completely covered in mud. Needless to say, he had to be put directly in the bathtub upon returning home. It rained on us once while we were there but we figured we were soaked anyway so it didn't much matter. Not a great day to be outside fishing...unless you're a two year old boy and his Dad. I don't have any idea what we'll do this weekend, I guess it all depends on if I go into labor or not. Yesterday I had my weekly OB appointment. I told them that in the last week I did not think the baby has been quite as active as she used to be, so they hooked me up to a monitor to check the baby's heart rate and movement and found everything looked good. The Dr. said that sometimes when you're in your 8th or 9th month the kicks become part of your normal everyday routine and you don't even realize it's happening. She said that's especially true if you're chasing after a 2 year old all day. She said the baby is moving fine, and I'm probably just so used to it that I sometimes don't notice it. That makes a lot of sense. When you're pregnant you just worry about everything and when you become a mom you REALLY worry about everything!!! Well, Jack is requesting that we watch a movie and "nuggle" (snuggle) so I better go. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment