Saturday, June 20, 2009
An Early Celebration!
Today we celebrated Father's Day ahead of time by heading out of town for an evening of dinner and shopping. We headed to Lewisburg to The Country Cupboard restaurant and had their DELICIOUS dinner buffet. We feasted on baked ham, prime rib, various types of fish and seafood, broasted chicken, Salisbury steak, the best mac and cheese I've ever eaten, baked corn, rolls, every potato and veggie imaginable, and a ton of different desserts. After stuffing ourselves silly we all headed next door to enjoy some shopping. This place has a bakery, fudge and candy shop, flower shop, and all types of country decor. My Dad and sister Jean accompanied us on the trip and we all had a wonderful time. Tomorrow Shane and I are planning to take Jack for his first trip across the river on the ferry boat. We'll probably hang out on the other side and enjoy an ice cream cone...hopefully it is not raining all day tomorrow like it did today! I also want to wish my husband a very happy Father's Day!!! Shane is honestly the best dad I know. I see him interacting with Jack and teaching him new things and I know I couldn't have asked for a better father for him. Shane is never embarrassed to show affection and never afraid to be stern when it's needed and for that he is loved AND respected. Some of our best and yet simplest times together are on Saturday and Sunday mornings when we all just lay in bed together, snuggling, and watching cartoons. It's those moments that we'll remember and cherish forever. I have an amazing husband and son and we cannot wait to meet our daughter in September. I feel truly blessed. Happy Father's Day, Shane...we love you soooo much! Thanks for all the many things you do and for your unconditional love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is the stuff that counts. Jack will remember those memories forever. I remember when I was really young my dad, mom, and I would always have "snuggle time" right before bed. He was the one that saved me from going to bed. My mom would tell me its time for bed and dad would protest for me "but, its "snuggle time." Those are the important moments in everyone's childhood.
Post a Comment