Thursday, June 11, 2009

Waiting for the Weekend!

Tomorrow we have another baby doc appointment and I am anxious to find out how I'm measuring. While Shane and I are at our appointment my mom is taking Jack to the "Relay for Life" at the high school. It's a great event that will run into Saturday afternoon and unfortunately this year was the first time that I have not actively participated in the festivities. I just felt like I had too much going on right now and hopefully I will be able to participate again next year. The guest speakers and the lighting of the luminaries on Friday night is beautiful and very touching. They have a special "tea party" for all cancer survivors on Friday evening too. I highly recommend heading up there at some point over the next two days! I am sure we'll be there....And if you go Friday afternoon, you'll probably see Jack and his Nina walking their laps around the track. I also want to ask you all to please keep my friend Brenda's mother (Bonnie) in your prayers. Yesterday she was told that there is a 99% chance that she has pancreatic cancer. She has been in a great deal of pain and hasn't been able to eat very much. Please pray for Bonnie, Brenda, and the rest of their family. If you remember, Brenda's son Ryan was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease and is going through Chemo treatments. I ask that you please keep him in your prayers as well....he seems to be doing well on the treatments but has developed some very bad anxiety. It has been an extremely tough year for Brenda and her family and I know they would greatly appreciate your prayers and support. I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend!

No comments: