Our dog Maggie Mae would have turned twelve today but sadly she passed away last August 31st. Maggie was a lot more than just a pet to us, she was family and we loved her so much. I just wanted to send a letter to her in Heaven to tell her how much she is missed and to thank her for the wonderful twelve years she spent with us.
Dear Nubbies,
Although it has been nearly a year since you've gone to Heaven we still miss you as much as the day you left. You were truly one-of-a-kind. You hated long walks and hot days, you didn't like other dogs, and you weren't so sure about little kids either. You did however love car rides, chasing squirrels and bunny rabbits, vanilla ice cream, air conditioning, and pigs ears. You taught me a lot of lessons in life and made me ready to become a mommy. You made me share my bed, you stole all the covers, and you constantly kicked me to make more room for yourself....just like Jack does. You got me up at 2 am with your belly aches, vomiting, and diarrhea...just like Jack does. You made me spend my money on vaccinations, trips to the doctor, and special treats for you instead of those new shoes I wanted...just like Jack does. And you gave me endless kisses, adoring looks, and all your love....just like Jack does. You helped me become less selfish and in turn made me a better mom for it. When Jack was born I was so worried how you'd react but you always treated Jack kindly and never showed it if you were upset. Soon after Jack turned a year old you made your trip to Heaven. For several months after, Jack would call your name and ask for you. I still show him pictures of you in hopes he'll remember you but I wish he had gotten to know you better. But my mind is filled with so many wonderful and funny stories about your life that I promise to share. We love you so much, Maggie. Have a wonderful birthday in Heaven this year!!! We miss you so much and will see you again someday. Love, Your Family
3 comments:
Oh Mer, this made me teary! So beautifully written.
(Also, I read your post below---yay to no GD!)
Happy Birthday Maggie Mae Fulkroad Morrison!!!!
Love ya, Kelly, Keith & Brooke and Brandi Jo
I didn't realize that Maggie and Dakota's birthday were so close. Happy Birthday Maggie Mae!
Post a Comment