Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tobias' Animal Farm: Take 2

This past Monday Shane and I took Jack to Tobias' Animal Farm and had a very enjoyable day. It was his second trip there and he loved it! The only thing he was not so sure about were the animals on the Safari Bus ride. There are deer, elk, buffalo, and large emus that literally come right up to the bus and will eat crackers right from your hands. This concerned Jack greatly because he did not want to see his Daddy missing any of his fingers. He told Shane to get his hands back and not to feed the animals. He kept repeating "They will hurt you!" He kept his own crackers clutched tightly to his chest the entire time and would not share them with the hungry animals. He did enjoy visiting the crocodiles (we fed them marshmallows and they went nuts over them!), bears, monkeys (we fed them fishy crackers), zebra, tigers, and many of the other animals that were safely locked away in their cages. It was a great day for everyone and we will definitely head back again before summer is over. This past weekend we also got the baby a crib and mattress off of Craigslist. It is a cherry sleigh crib and it is so pretty. We are looking around for some reasonably priced crib bedding....I cannot believe what some places sell crib bedding for. I've seen prices in the $300 range and that's just for the bedding! I wouldn't even pay that for the entire crib with the bedding. Crazy, I tell you! When I think of how many times Jack has puked, peed, and drooled all over his bedding it makes me laugh to think anyone would be so ridiculous. But the prices wouldn't be that high if there weren't people out there willing to buy. As for me, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for deals on ebay and craigslist. I hope you're all having a great week...so glad tomorrow is Friday. We're looking forward to celebrating Father's Day on Sunday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Z may have some hand me down crib bedding for you in a few months. It's a FL Gator theme, which I know you'll love.

Maranda said...

Oh, you're too kind! I'm just afraid the green will clash with all the other pink in the room. So Z may soon be graduating to a big boy bed? Not cousin Jack, he'll be in his crib for a long time yet...otherwise he'd NEVER sleep and neither would we!

Angela Nazworth said...

Craig's List rocks!!!

Do you use bumber pads? If not...I have some pink comforters and blankets left over from X that you can use as decoration and you can find pink crib sheets anywhere. I agree too that there is no reason to spend big money on infant bedding and they cannot use the pillows, blankets and stuff until they are much older anyway.


I found that the reg. sized crib sheets at Wal-mart stink tho. They never fit right...def. go with a name brand...they are safer and less annoying.
Z will not soon be graduating to a big boy bed...he's a big boy, but also a big stinker! We've got to keep him caged a bit longer. :-)