Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day means a lot to me this year. Not only am I celebrating my wonderful husband for the awesome father that he is, I am celebrating my own Dad and being thankful that he is with us today. Some of you may not know that a few months ago my Dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer. We were shocked, scared, angry, and praying that God would get him through....and He has. My Dad successfully underwent surgery to remove the cancerous tumor and had been receiving treatments for the last few months to make sure the cancer stays away. Bladder cancer has an especially high rate of recurrence (50-75%) especially in the first three years. Near the end of July he will undergo another procedure to biopsy the area where the tumor was found to make sure the cancer is completely gone. Through it all, my Dad has been a real trooper. He rarely complains (even though some of the treatments have given him less than pleasant side effects), he never lets on that he is scared (even though I'm sure he must be), and he tries very hard to keep a positive outlook on things. I pray that he was plenty of years left to spend with his family. He has a grandson who thinks the world of him and loves him so much!!! We don't know what we'd do without him and we continue to pray that God keeps him healthy! We love you, Dad...Happy Father's Day!

No comments: