Monday, May 19, 2008

Visiting PapPap

Sunday was a very busy day. Me, Jack, and my Mom headed to the big city at noontime to visit PapPap in the hospital. He was so happy to see us...his face lit up especially bright when he saw Jack had come along. Besides the dehydration, PapPap also has an infection which is why he is still in the hospital. Jack could only go as far as the hallway outside of PapPap's room because we didn't want to risk him getting sick. But PapPap was still able to see us standing there and he was so happy. After our visit, we headed over to Toys R Us where of course, my Mom spoiled Jack with another toy. It's a cow bowling ball with milk jar bowling pins---when you roll the ball it moos and plays hoe-down music. Jack loves it. Then we headed over to The Old Country Buffet for lunch. Jack enjoyed sampling mac n' cheese, baked potato, carrots, green beans, and a bite of Mom's dessert. He was most impressed with the dessert. Then it was off to Pier 1 so I could spend what was left on a gift card I had gotten. Every time I'm in that place I immediately think of Vicki. Vic is a Pier 1 shopper from way back. After that, we got Shane a to-go meal from the Olive Garden and then we headed home. Oh, on our way home we stopped at Giant so I could get a few groceries. Needless to say, we were all pooped...especially Jack who slept that night until 5 am and woke only to eat and then went back to sleep til 9 am. We had a great time and it was nice to spend the day with my Mom and Jack. While we were gone Shane did a beautiful job on our yard and around the house. What a great surprise to come home to. I hope you all enjoy your week...this Wednesday Shane and I will celebrate 3 years of wedded bliss. Jean is watching Jack so we can go out and enjoy ourselves!!! Thanks, Jean!

No comments: