Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Like A Rollin' (Kidney) Stone

Well, I jinxed myself in my last post when I talked about a relaxing weekend. Our weekend consisted of an ambulance ride, a 5 hour ER visit, 2 trips to a 24 hour pharmacy, and lots of pain and vomiting. Shane (who is recovering from mono) was complaining of some pain in his stomach and groin area when he came home from work on Friday. He thought he may have injured himself by lifting a heavy object at work. By Friday night the pain subsided and he began to feel a little better. By Saturday the pain was back a little but just as we got into bed Saturday night the pain came full force!!! My poor husband was on the floor writhing in severe pain. We weren't sure if it was a hernia, a kidney stone, or an appendicitis. I immediately called 911 and then made calls for someone to come and stay with Jack. Finally after a trip to the ER we were told that Shane did indeed have a kidney stone. As I type today, he is STILL waiting for the stone to pass. We are all trying to recover from the weekend and I am praying that will be the end of the drama around here for awhile! I really want to thank Jason for taking me to the ER and for staying with us till 5am and bringing us home. Thanks to Mom and Jean for staying with Jack. And thanks to Melanie for all your help and kindness as well. In times like these, you really get to see how much your family loves you....and how much crap they'll deal with for you! We love and thank you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we love you all very much and I am just happy Shane is starting to feel better. Call us anytime, that's what family is for. I hope your days get a bit more stress free . . . you certainly have had your share of stress and drama . . . you deserve a break. We still need to go for lunch at that tea shop. I am hoping we find a day in November to go. Talk about a belated birthday gift :) Have a great day.

Nina said...

that's what families do. I would love to watch Jack while you and Melanie have lunch at the tea shop. just let me know when
love mom
I'm glad Shane is feeling better.