Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy 50th Birthday Vicki!!!

Today one of the nicest and unfortunately now one of the OLDEST people I know is turning 50! Since October is the 10th month I thought I'd list 10 things about Vicki.
1. Vicki was my first real boss...she was co-owner of a neat little gift shop named "Tomorrow's Memories". I loved working there and Vicki was a wonderful boss.
2. Vicki is the mother of 2 sons....one of which (Nathan) is dating my sister JeanAnn. Who knew back when we were working together at "Tomorrow's Memories" that one day we might be family?!?!?!?!?!?!?
3. Vicki is a great cook and is always preparing delicious dishes that I never even heard of. I'm sure mealtime isn't boring in her house. (Unlike the meatloaf and chicken dishes served in mine.)
4. Vicki loves to shop and one of her favorite places is "Pier 1".
5. Vicki is very creative and does a great job decorating her house....it always looks beautiful inside.
6. Vicki is a very generous person....she has offered to help our family in so many ways this past year when my Mom had her knee surgery and even back when I first brought Jack home from the hospital.
7. Vicki doesn't like big dogs. She would never come in my house unless she was sure that Maggie was securely locked upstairs....and because of GiGi, I don't think she's ever been in my Mom's house. But who can blame her? Gigi IS a horse.
8. Vicki is the youngest of 3 girls, and like me, one of her sisters is her neighbor as well!
9. Vicki is married to a great guy named Ron. Ron is also one of the nicest people I've come across...they're a really wonderful family.
10. Vicki will hate this post because she does NOT like any type of fuss being made over her....but how many times do you turn 50??? Happy Birthday Vic, we hope you have a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Happy Birthday to Vicki!! You are mean for calling her old though...LOL...this post was very sweet. I do not know Vicki well, but do know how special and kind she is...and fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Maranda for all the kind things you said, however, I think my boys might beg to differ on a few of them. Wish we still were at Tomorrow's Memories and I know Brandon does to!
Thanks again Maranda!!

Nina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICSTER!
sorry it is a little late. I heard you had a good time at your party. and remember what they say " 50 is the new 30" (yeah right )
Bev