Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Night!

We just returned from a delicious dinner at Vicky's Valley Inn in Lykens. We had never eaten there before so we decided to give it a try and we really enjoyed ourselves. My Mom went along with us and Jack was certainly happy about that! I am hoping we can get Jack to bed early tonight so Shane and I can relax and enjoy a movie. My sister Jean is in Gettysburg tonight with a group of friends. They are going on "Ghost Tours" of historic houses and the battlefields. Apparently, it is ranked #7 on the 10 Scariest Places To Visit List. That sounds like so much fun...I'd love to do it! I'm sure you all know how much I love Halloween. I can't wait to dress Jack up for trick-or-treat night. So far (thanks to his Grandma's) he has 3 costumes to choose from. Well, I better go get the little bugger ready for bed. I'm not sure what our plans are for tomorrow--probably just taking it easy since Shane is still not feeling well. Oh, did I ever mention that they ran tests and found out he is suffering from mono? Poor guy, he has been really wiped out. He is still dealing with an off and on sore throat, swollen glands, and achy muscles. So I think we'll be staying close to home this weekend. I might make a trip to Horning's and maybe bake some cupcakes...I've been planning on doing that since September!!! I hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Poor Shane. Glad you had a nice dinner out...is it Vicky B's place? I really want to do a moonlight ghost tour...as long as nothing jumps out at me. They have them in Savannah and in Charleston...I bet Atlanta has one..I DO NOT (As you know) do haunted houses under any circumstance unless it is the one at K. Grove (and I keep my eyes shut the whole time) but I can handle a ghost tour...I think.

Anonymous said...

Are you really going to drive to Hornings!!!!

Maranda said...

No, Vicky's Valley Inn is not Vicki B.'s place. And no, I am not driving to Horning's...it's outside of Millersburg! I just started trying to drive again and I only do about a 5-10 mile radius. Vic, when are you taking me driving?

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

You go girl! I am so glad you started driving again. Start off slow and you'll pick it up. It will be a life saver once Jack does better about driving.

OK...You need to read this post. You should add this woman's blog to your list on your site....she reminds me a lot of you. Plus I think you should comment since you like scary stories and such.

http://dailymishmash.com/2008/ghost-tour/

I wonder if she was on the same tour as Jean