Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mr. Manners

I just might have the most polite one year old in town. One of Jack's favorite activities includes scouring our carpet looking for fuzz or carpet fibers and he is delighted whenever he comes across something. He comes running over to me with a big smile on his face while he hands me the piece of fuzz. I always give him a big smile right back and say "thank you". I never thought he was really paying attention until last week when I handed him a toy and heard his little voice reply: "tank-ew". And now almost every time I hand him something he responds with a polite little "tank-ew". Several people heard him doing this at his birthday party and couldn't believe their ears. He catches on to things so quickly! Some of his newest words are: Jack, ball, frog, and of course, thank you. It's amazing to us all the new things he's learning!

1 comment: