Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our New & Improved Patio





This past weekend Shane spent all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday cleaning our patio and yard. He weeded, mulched, and pressure-washed anything that stood still, while I planted some beautiful flowers (yeah I know, I got off easy). The place looks 100% better. I wish I had some "before" pictures so you could truly appreciate just how hard he worked. We've left the center of our island bare so we can plant a nice shade tree there. And then the patio should be complete...just in time for summer. I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time this summer outdoors thanks to Jack and him loving to be outside. But if we have a nice place to play and relax it makes it that much more fun. Jack is learning so much fun stuff. It seems like every day he comes up with something different. He now gives "high fives" when asked, he also responds to the "How big is Jack?" question by enthusiastically throwing his arms high in the air, and he's also started pointing his chubby little finger while barking out orders in what sounds like Pennsylvania Dutch. And he has also started clapping his hands whenever he is happy, excited, or has accomplished something. He is so funny!!! I keep saying it, but it's hard to believe that in a month and a half my little baby will be a year old. Ok, I'm going to go and have a good cry now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

No more fountain. THe mosquitoes will be ticked. I love the new look. My bloglines must be messed up because it keeps telling me you don't have any new posts. I've missed a lot!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Mer & Shane!
Love, Kel