Friday, June 6, 2008
A Day For Celebrating!
Yesterday was a day for celebrations! We were invited to Shane's brother's house to have dinner with their family. We were celebrating our niece Katelin and her last day of fifth grade. Earlier in the day, at a school assembly, Katelin was given the "Good Citizenship Award" which is only awarded to one male and one female fifth grader...I think the teachers vote on this one. It is a great accomplishment, Congratulations again Katelin! Along with that award she also won several others, so we were quite proud of her. Shane made his world-famous spare-ribs and Mel made her delicious baked-corn. For dessert we ate a cake that my Mom sent along...it read "Way To Go, Katelin!" Mom also sent along some "sparkler candles"..kiddies, don't try these at home. Jason put about 10 of these things on the cake and when Katie went to blow them out her hair caught on fire!!!!! Luckily, it went out quickly and she was not hurt but the smell of burnt hair filled the house. Scary! But all in all, it was a great night which we ( Me, Melanie, Jack and Dakota ) capped off with a nice, long walk! Our second celebration was of the birthday kind. We celebrated the birthday of Maggie Mae--our big, lovable dog turned 11 yesterday! Happy Birthday, Nubbies!!! I also want to mention that I heard my cousin Brooke also received several awards as well. Congratulations Brooke and Katelin on a great year!!! All your hard work did not go unnoticed. These are two of the greatest young girls I've ever met...kind, thoughtful, and warm-hearted. Their parents must be so proud of them..I know I am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Maggie Mae Fulkroad-Morrison!!!!!!
Post a Comment