Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Sick Day
I have been sick since Saturday with a head cold and low- grade fever. I was praying that Jack and Shane would be spared this misery, but no such luck. Last night my poor husband and I were up EVERY half hour with our sick son---and I'm not exaggerating! The little guy is running a fever, he has a runny nose, and a pitiful cough. He can't sleep and doesn't care to eat much. We all had this exact cold back in late Dec./Early January and now it's back to wreak havoc again. This morning was an absolute nightmare. Because we had been up all night, poor Shane ended up over-sleeping and had to literally get dressed and run out the door in like 30 seconds. (He did manage to get to work on time. Whew!!!) Then, in his hurry to get out the door, Shane woke Jack up. Jack was not happy anyway, so I decided to go ahead and really tick him off by changing his diaper. Well guess what? His diaper had tore open...any Moms ever had this happen? NIGHTMARE! I don't know what those things are inside the diaper, but they were everywhere. I had to take the poor, feverish little baby and give him a quick hose-down in the tub. This was all at 6:30 AM. He didn't fall back to sleep until after 8am and only slept for another hour. This Mommy is beat!!! I guess when you're a mom you don't get sick days anymore. I just hope Jack is feeling better soon and that the cold continues to skip Shane. I hope you're all feeling well. P.S. Thanks so much for all your help this morning, Jean. I love ya so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What, no pictures of you with swollen eyes and a puffy red nose? What kind of blogger are you? :-)
Oh Mer. I am so sorry you and Jack are sick. That stinks in a big way. I hope you and little babe feel better soon. Stinks that mom's don't get to take sick days huh?
Sorry to hear you are all sick. I saw Shane outside last night and he told me you all were not feeling well. If there is anything I can do, just let me know. Even if it's just take Jack for a bit to give you and Shane a break. I am ALWAYS just a phone call away :)
Post a Comment