Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kindergarten, Already??? :(

This Thursday marks a big day in our lives, Kindergarten registration. How. Can. That. Be. Possible??? I started this blog when Jack was only a few months old and now that gorgeous little boy is heading into Kindergarten. I just can't seem to wrap my head around it, and I am beside myself...the last few nights I have been waking up in cold sweats with sheer panic over this. For the last four plus years, I have been loving, nurturing, and protecting my child every day and night, and now I am expected to pass him off to a stranger for half of the day? I'm the idiot Mom who hangs around for the two hours of PreSchool because I want to make sure he's safe. My husband, who is equally as bummed out, has told me that we have to suck it up and put on a happy face so that he doesn't sense our fear. It's going to be hard, so would you all please pray that we can keep ourselves together enough so we aren't blubbering idiots at the registration? Although I am sure we won't be the only parents in the room with a firm grip on our child and tears in our eyes. Wow, when people told me that my kids would grow up too fast, they weren't kidding! During the sleepless nights and the crying jags, you don't think it's ever going to end...and then times like these you wish you could go back and do it all over again.

No comments: