Friday, November 27, 2009

I Survived Black Friday!

Yesterday morning, my sister JeanAnn and I were up and ready to shop at 4:30am! We went to Wal-Mart where the parking lot was packed and people were literally carrying televisions out on their backs! I guess nothing says "great deal" quite like a hernia or slipped disk. Amazingly enough, I somehow managed to get everything on my shopping list and still get out alive. After we shopped, I went home and back to bed. Later in the day, we put up and decorated our Christmas tree. It looks beautiful. Then Shane and I took turns sneaking upstairs and decorating Jack's bedroom. We put up a fully decorated 6.5 foot tree and turned the rest of his room into a little winter wonderland....he was in awe when he saw it. Christmas really is so much better when you see it through the eyes of your child. We've decided that since Jack will probably be getting a lot of new toys this year that we are going to donate some of his older toys to kids who could use them. Jack isn't entirely sold on the idea but I want to teach him that Christmas isn't just about getting gifts. Tonight we are putting up more decorations, working on our gingerbread house, baking cookies, popping popcorn, and snuggling up for a movie. It's either "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" or "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". Either way, it'll be a great night at home with my family....I love the weekend and I love our family!

No comments: