Friday, July 3, 2009
Like Sands Through the Hourglass....
Most of you know that this past week has been a rough one in our home. Since Sunday I have been in and out of the hospital twice with one overnight stay. I've been experiencing some bleeding and my doctors were concerned about the possibility of my placenta tearing away. After a lot of blood work, ultrasounds on my kidneys, bladder, and the baby, 3 examinations, one catheterization, and a lot of poking and prodding the doctors were able to conclude that all seems to be well with the baby, my placenta, and the pregnancy in general. Still, they have no idea why I am bleeding so I am seeing a urologist on Thursday to have them send a camera into my bladder to take a look around. Can you say "fun times"??? I am so burnt out of the hospital that I think I'll just deliver the baby on our living room floor in two months. The doctors and nurses were very kind, but the atmosphere stinks and the cafeteria food is unedible and the unmistakable hospital smell of urine and Listerine seems to be permanently burnt into my nose. I am trying to take it easy while I'm at home and the doctor has put me on an antibiotic....I go back to see my OB on Thursday as well. Meanwhile, Shane and the rest of my family have been a great help. Shane is doing everything around the house and for Jack, my Mom takes Jack to give me a break and stayed with him while Shane and I were in the hospital, and Jean, Melanie, and Cathy have been very helpful as well. Thank you to everyone for all your help, support, and prayers. Please continue to pray for me while the doctors are still trying to discover the source of my problems. I will keep you all updated...have a very happy 4th of July!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment