Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Shaping Up To Be Quite A Year!

Well, we were originally planning to keep this news a secret for a little while longer, but the news is slowly starting to leak out, so I decided to let everyone know that: Shane and I are expecting our second child in early September! We are so happy to be adding another member to our family and a sibling for Jack. We found out I was pregnant around New Years, and we just knew that 2009 was going to be an unforgettable year! So far this pregnancy has been a wild ride...and it's only just begun. I can handle the fatigue, and the morning sickness is tough but not unbearable, but what I couldn't handle was the pain from a wisdom tooth that decided to erupt soon after I found out I was pregnant. This past Monday I had to have 2 wisdom teeth removed! Anyone who has had their wisdom teeth removed knows how painful it can be....well, try doing it with very little Novocaine and only Tylenol for relief. Not fun! Then on top of everything else, I developed a painful ulcer on my gums. I went back to the dentist today, and besides the ulcer, I seem to be healing ok. Oh what stories we'll have to tell this baby. I'm going on the record and saying I am feeling like this will be baby boy #2 for us. Shane thinks we might be surprised and end up with a girl. Either way, it's fine with us...all we're praying for is a healthy baby. Oh, and please let it sleep through the night too! Jack slept in bed with me till he was 7 mos. old. I'm NEVER doing that again!!! I guess you live and learn. Well, I'm glad we could share our exciting news with you all...I hope you're having a great weekend despite the freezing temps. Stay Warm! Oh, and a big thank you to everyone who helped me out this week: Mom, Jean, Cathy, Ron, and of course my wonderful husband, Shane. And thank you to Melanie and family for the flowers...you're so sweet!

5 comments:

Nina said...

I hope you're feeling better. Give Jack a kiss for me.

Angela Nazworth said...

I'm so excited you allowed the cat to exit the bag. My predictions are as follows:

Gender: Girl
Name: Julliette
Birthday: September 10
Weight: 8 lbs even
Hair: Bald, then blond
Eyes: blue
Temperment: Sweet and quiet

She will look like her mother and act like her father, but hopefully she won't be wiping anyone off the face of the earth without first thinking it through carefully.

Also, she will NOT have a new cousin close in age. :-)

Anonymous said...

As long as we're predicting....I have a few. Hope you don't mind Mer & Shane.

Gender: BOY
Birthday: SEPTEMBER 2
WEIGHT: 7 lbs. 7 oz.
HAIR: VERY LIGHT AND FUZZY
EYES: BLUE

Oh No, Mer!!??? Yep, I think you'll have another boy. This one will be very quiet, as to not get a word in edgewise, because big brother won't allow it (HEHE). He will be the splitting image of his mother. There has to be at least one boy look exactly like his mother, RIGHT? He will be the smaller of the two, very wise (but nobody will realize right away because he's sooooo quiet), he will not walk early or crawl early because big brother will get everything for him (Jack is so kind). But, he will be with Jack all the time. In his hip pocket, taking it all in. You will have the best big brother helper ever. He will get you diapers and wipes and take them back too. I can't wait!!!! Just playin' around with ya Mer & Shane.

- Whatever the situation, it will be one beautiful kid, who is smart and kind.

CONGRATULATIONS MER & SHANE!!!!!!!!

~ Kel

Maranda said...

You guys are so funny! I must say though, I have to mostly agree with Kel's predictions. I see us having a boy who will be quiet and like Kel said "in Jack's hip pocket, taking it all in". I think you're right on the money, Kel. Sorry Big Sis, but I do not see us having a girl...although stranger things have happened. For instance, we could have a girl and she could have a cousin close in age! I will say this, whichever one of you is closest with your predictions gets a prize: you can change the first poopy diaper. I love you all..thanks for your fun comments, they made me laugh! Love, Mer

Nina said...

ok here's my 2 cents worth.
I think it will be a boy looking ALOT like Jack but hopefully with his Ninas temperment.HAHAHA
9lbs 3 OZ. and 22 inches long. and I'm guessing born on 9/9/09
Love you