Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Table Manners












Judging by these pictures, I guess it's almost impossible to teach a one year old about table manners. During Thanksgiving dinner Jack found an interesting way to play with his black olives and an interesting place to stick his fingers. BOYS!!!! I can't complain too much about the black olives because I remember doing it too when I was a little kid. However, the fingers up the nose is a bit much! I guess we shouldn't encourage it by taking his picture, but someday we'll look back at them and have a good laugh! On Friday we braved a trip to Harrisburg to visit Jack's pediatrician. He received two vaccinations and a flu shot....he cried but only for a few seconds. The doctor said he is thriving (96% in height) and was very impressed with how much he is talking and that he is starting to form sentences. She said he is extremely bright. I did not show her the pictures with his fingers up his nose, I saw no reason to sway her opinion of him! Friday evening, Shane and I took Jack to our town's Christmas tree lighting ceremony. It was freezing cold so we did not wait in the mile-long line to see Santa and Mrs. Claus. I was later told by my sister Jean that she spotted both Santa and Mrs. Claus having a drink at the local bar in full costume and make-up. I guess a bunch of screaming kids yelling out their Christmas lists will put you in the mood for some spiked eggnog. I just pray that Rudolph was the designated driver. (Incase you are wondering, I am including pictures Thanksgiving and the Tree Lighting Ceremony.)

3 comments:

Angela Nazworth said...

This post cracked me up! Loved the picture with the fingers up the nose. Today at dinner Z-man inadvertently snuffed rice up his nostrils, dug them out and...before I could stop him...flung them back into his dish. Yeah...lovely.

Anonymous said...

That is funny about Santa and Mrs. Clause!

Anonymous said...

I especially love the picture of the two fingers up the nose and looking at the camera.....very talented!!!!! - Kel