Friday, December 5, 2008
A Rough Week
We had a pretty rough week but here's hoping the weekend is better. The news of Sam's house being destroyed by fire coupled with a sick little boy and this has made for quite a sad and depressing week. Jack came down with his illness rather quickly on Tuesday afternoon. All of a sudden, he was cranky, miserable, and running a fever. After his nap he was still extremely tired, and he kept saying "seepy" (sleepy) and he just laid in my arms. It wasn't long before his fever shot to 105 degrees and he began vomiting. Shane and I did not fall asleep until 6am the next morning. Jack laid in bed with us and would throw up every few hours...and in between vomiting, he would roll over and say "sirsty" (thirsty) so I would give him his sippy cup of water. And in between all that, we were giving him either motrin or tylenol every three hours. His fever stayed pretty high all through the night and finally broke around 11 am. It has taken until today for him to seem like he's getting back to his normal self. I can still tell he is not feeling 100% but he's a lot better off than where he was. The pediatrician told us to expect to be vomiting ourselves in a day or two...not something you want to look forward to. I HATE to throw up and am praying that we do not get sick! I am hoping this weekend we can get some grocery shopping done and maybe even some Christmas shopping. I want to take Jack's picture in front of our tree and get our Christmas cards ready...it's hard to believe we'll be celebrating Christmas in about 20 days. Where does the time go??? Here's hoping we all have a great weekend...and I hope Shane, Jason, and Katelin get their deer!!! Good Luck guys (and girl!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you had a rough week. We're praying for you guys
Post a Comment