Monday, August 16, 2010

Can it Really Be? Preschool Already???

It just doesn't seem possible that our tiny newborn baby boy has suddenly morphed into a preschooler seemingly overnight. Did I just blink and it all happened? We're trading bibs for backpacks, diapers for big boy undies, play clothes for school clothes, and it's all right around the corner. I must admit I am so excited for Jack because I know he will thrive at school but I am a little sad to see him getting older, but his Daddy and I could not be prouder. Shane and I attended our first parent's meeting tonight and I resisted the urge to volunteer to be vice president of the school board....I did however, sign up for nearly every committee I could get my hands on....party committee, graduation committee, field trip coordinator, you name it, my name was on it. I am so excited to be able to help. I even found out that on days when Jack has to bring in a snack that I will be able to bring Brynley along and Brynley will be able to join in on the snack and share in circle time. She will LOVE it. His very first day of school will be Thursday September 9th, so please keep him (and the rest of us) in your prayers as we all make this adjustment and head into the future. Time sure is flyin' by!

No comments: