Tuesday, June 1, 2010
The Joys of Parenting!?!?
Why is it when you're expecting a baby and you receive tons of cards that talk about sunshine and moonbeams and how much better life will be, do they forget to mention some of the other stuff? Stuff like, your baby will run a high fever and start vomiting at either 1 am on Sunday morning or sometime during a national holiday....no doctor's offices will be open, no pharmacies, it's just you and your equally panicked husband. Or in our case, your child will have an obstructed bowel on Memorial day and will need to be held down by you while your husband administers an enema at 9pm. Then your poor little boy will poop out an enormous amount of poo, and then have diarrhea until 2 in the morning! Then come Tuesday he is so traumatized that he's afraid to pee or poop all day! Yes, those are the joys of parenting I guess! And tonight, to top it all off, I layed Brynley down in her crib and got her ready for bed when I noticed she spit out her pacifier and began projectile vomiting EVERYWHERE! Apparently, she had a bit too much to eat before bed...my fault! Calgon, if you are listening, TAKE ME AWAY! It'll either be you, or the men in the white coats, but someone will be taking me away! (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awwwww poor little guy!!!!!! Isn't that always how it happens. It all works out Mer hang in there! Love u guys!!!!!!!!
Love, Kel
I miss you, Kel! Hoping we get a chance to talk soon, I know things are so hectic for you right now. Love you guys too!!!
Post a Comment