Thursday, June 3, 2010

We'll Miss You, Rue!!!

One of my favorite Golden Girls passed away this morning....Rue McClanahan suffered a major stroke at 1 am this morning. She was one of my favorite girls and I am so sad that Betty White is the only remaining cast member. I've been watching that show since it originally aired on the Saturday night line-up and almost 24/7 since it's been airing in syndication. The laughs from that show got me through some pretty tough times and it will always be my favorite show! I am such a huge fan that I've bought old show scripts, a caricature drawn of the ladies, I've bid on set pieces on e-bay, and once even thought about purchasing a pair of Rue's earrings at a shop in Universal Studios. The only reason I didn't was because they were a bit steep in price. But you can ask my husband, I am a true-blue fan and can quote every episode word-for-word. Hey, it's just one of my many talents! Oh and by the way, as if the constipation problem could not get any worse, poor Jack had to have his second enema yesterday and is still not feeling 100 percent. We are pushing the apple juice, prune juice, and lots of berries, plus we are sneaking the Miralax into his drink like the doctor said, so I am hoping it will work itself out........LITERALLY!!! And just when I think it couldn't get any worse, I tripped over a toy Jack left on the stairs and fell down with Brynley in my arms. She cracked her head on the wall and I hurt my back, butt, and entire left side, but I think we will both be ok. Scary! Falling down the steps is bad enough but with a baby in your arms? Thank God my precious sissy girl was not hurt! I hope everyone has a great weekend...I am looking forward to some better days ahead. Here's hoping and praying!

No comments: