Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Final Countdown...

Well, here I am, just 5 days away from my due date. Time is running out and I'm making sure everything is in place for the arrival of our newest addition. Today I cleaned our bathroom AGAIN, dusted AGAIN, cleaned our kitchen floor AGAIN....I just don't know what else to do with myself but feel like I have to be doing something. Jack is spending the day with his favorite girl, his Nina. The two of them love spending the day hanging out at my mom's house, swinging outside on her porch swing and watching the cars go by, and visiting the pet shop near her home. Someday Jack will look back on these times spent with his Nina with very warm memories. Thanks, Mom for always taking the opportunity to spend quality, one-on-one time with your grandson, he loves you very much and can't stop talking about all the fun you have together. Plus, it's a great time for me to be able to do all the things I listed above without having to stress about what he's getting into in the next room! I also wanted to say thank you to my sister Jean who treated me to another (nearly 2 hour long) foot soak, scrub, massage and pedicure last night. My aching, swollen feet have never looked or felt better....I'm ready to deliver this baby in style. You're the best! Well, I guess I better get to work on the rest of my to-do list. Only 5 days away....If I make it till Friday, I have another OB appointment where they'll check my cervix to see if I've dilated. They'll give you one week past your due date before they'll induce but let's hope it doesn't have to come to that. My poor sister and the kids are coming for a visit this weekend and they would desperately like to see a baby when they get here...or before they leave. Oh, by the way, did anyone hear that the Mom from 18 Kids and Counting is pregnant AGAIN??? Their last baby is only 8 months old. I could not even imagine! I'm sure we'll be just fine with two!

No comments: