Sunday, September 6, 2009
D-Day!
Well, it's finally here, today is my "due date" and here I am, typing away on blogger. I saw my OB on Friday and was a bit disappointed to find out that I was only 1 cm dilated and that my cervix was still long. That basically means that I'm not at all effaced and that labor could be a ways off. They told me they were scheduling me for an induction on Wednesday and I was so excited that she'd be here this coming week, but when the Dr. came back into the room, I discovered that she meant Wed. the 15th!!! Ugh! The Dr. did say that she thinks there is a good chance that I could go into labor on my own before then and that is what I am praying for. Why do I have such a hard time getting these babies to come out? They must be perfectly content with life inside their cozy little womb. I guess she'll come when she's ready and I just have to be patient. Yesterday was an awesome day. My sister and my niece and nephew are visiting and we enjoyed a picnic at Pappy Sam's house with a bunch of family and friends. We had a huge lunch and then the kids spent the afternoon playing in the backyard and jumping inside Jack's bouncing bubble. They absolutely LOVED the bouncing bubble and would probably still be bouncing if we didn't have to eventually pack up and head home. Tonight we are going to enjoy a bon fire at my Dad's house where we will roast marshmallows, make S'Mores and toast hot dogs and just have fun with family. Jack is really enjoying his time with his cousins...it's all he's been able to talk about! I wish they could stay longer but they're leaving Monday morning. They promise to be back for the holidays, so we'll be looking forward to that....they're just around the corner, you know. Well, I hope you're all having a great weekend, I'll keep you posted if there is any baby news. Please wish us luck and keep us in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment