Monday, April 13, 2009
Easter
We had a wonderful Easter! Jack and I started the day by attending church services with my Mom and sister JeanAnn and then we headed home to find that Daddy was almost done preparing the dishes for our Easter dinner. We had ham, mashed potatoes, corn, cauliflower and cheese casserole, red beet eggs, and hot rolls. For dessert I made a pineapple upside-down cake and an Oreo cookie pie. My Dad and sister joined us for dinner and we all had a great time together. Thank you so much to my sweet husband for doing all the cooking....it was delicious! Later in the evening we headed to my Grandmother's house where we spent time catching up with family and Shane did some fishing with a friend of his. It was very cold so they didn't stay out long, but Shane is happy for any chance he gets to be out on the water. Today we started scrubbing down the walls in our kitchen, spackling any holes or cracks in the walls, and taping around the edges in order to prepare for painting. Tomorrow we'll do some sanding and maybe even get started on painting. Wednesday is our ultrasound and we'll get to see our little peanut again. I am so anxious to know if everything is going well and what the sex of the baby is. I will let you all know what we find out on Wednesday. Oh by the way, Jack had a BLAST at our church's Easter Egg Hunt. He said "thank you" every time he threw an egg in his basket. And I do mean "threw"!!! Every egg was cracked...thank goodness they're hard-boiled. After it was over he stood in amazement at all the eggs he found and he kept yelling "WOW!!!" and "COOOOOOL!!!" He is so funny. After the egg hunt we went and socialized with some of the church members and kids and Jack just walked up to the kids and made like he knew them his whole life. I thought he might be shy, but he just grabbed a ball and started yelling "Hike!" We all had a great time! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i AM SOOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT TOMORROW. yOU BETTER CALL ME FIRST!
Post a Comment