Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Weekend

We're getting ready to celebrate Easter this Sunday!!! Last night I hard-boiled about 2 dozen eggs for coloring, made some red beet eggs for my Dad, and started preparing things for our Easter meal. Tonight, I'd like to sit down and color the eggs with Jack, get a few last minute things at the grocery store, and hopefully head to bed a little early. Tomorrow morning our church is having it's Easter egg hunt and Jack is going to participate for the very first time! I'm sure we'll be there with our camera, video camera, etc., etc. I hope the weather is nice, last year they had it in the snow!!! I can tell you that we won't be attending if it snows.
Last Sunday I made some delicious Easter "basket" cupcakes. They turned out really cute and Jack loved them. I had the cupcakes sitting on a cookie sheet on our kitchen table when I walked into the room and spotted Jack stealing the jelly beans off one of the cupcakes. He LOVES jelly beans. After Easter we are planning to repaint our kitchen and spruce it up a bit with some new curtains and different decorations. We've already got all our paint and supplies and we're ready to go! I'll be sure to show some before and after pictures along with some pictures of tomorrow's egg hunt. I hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Angela Nazworth said...

Happy Easter!! Can't wait to see the pix. Ao, are you over roosters/hens?