Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Familiar Flutter

During the past week, I've begun to feel a very familiar flutter in my stomach. It's hard to believe that it's our growing baby--just making it's presence known. In the weeks to come, those little kicks will surely get stronger and harder. I am truly treasuring all these wonderful moments because they go by much too quickly. It seems like only yesterday that I was experiencing these things while pregnant with Jack and this summer he'll be turning 2!!!! We are still eagerly awaiting our ultrasound in April. Most of our family is saying it'll be a girl, but Shane and I are pretty convinced that it's a boy. I'm awful glad it's a decision that God makes because I really couldn't choose. Either way, we'll be happy. As long as he or she is healthy, that's really all we care about. And, I am sure that Jack will be an awesome big brother whether it's a boy or a girl. I'm not saying that we're not going to have some major moments of jealousy, but Jack is such a sweet and loving little boy. Every day is a new adventure when you have a one year old...today we played outside for awhile and then went to a local park to play on the slide and the swings. Jack had a great time and came home covered in mud and dirt. I've gotten tired of trying to keep him clean...he's a little boy and little boys are messy. I hope you're all having a great weekend too!

4 comments:

Angela Nazworth said...

Yay for flutters!! And I thought I was the only one who thought girl.

Maranda said...

You, Dad, Aunt Connie, Gram....almost everyone thinks it'll be a girl. Dad is convinced of it. I'll be completely shocked if I hear "girl".

Katie said...

Do you want a boy or a girl?

Maranda said...

I can't decide...on one hand, another boy would be great because we already have everything we need and I think Jack would love a younger brother but a girl would also be nice...someone for me to do things with when she gets older. And I also wouldn't be out-numbered living in a house filled with BOYS!!! But I'm fine with whatever God gives us!