Friday, February 27, 2009
I'm Convinced...
Today more than ever, I am convinced of the saying "There's a special place in Heaven for the mothers of little boys". Today my little boy give me quite a scare...twice! This afternoon I was preparing Jack's lunch while he sat quietly in the living room watching his favorite cartoon. All of a sudden, I hear a loud cry coming from the living room. The recliner that Jack was sitting on is now empty and I immediately start scanning the area for my son. I didn't have to look far...beside the recliner is an end table, and behind the end table I see two little legs sticking up in the air!!!! Here is how it all happened: His cartoon ended and of course, panic ensues (oh the horror of watching a blank television screen!) and he immediately stands up on the recliner to reach for the remote. The recliner (which also rocks) sent him flying head-first behind the end table. And there he was, head on the floor, legs in the air, in a tiny space between the end table and the wall. I'm expecting broken bones, a concussion, at least a trip to the ER...but after a few angry cries he was fine. Only one little welt on the top of his noggin! So I think "only one catastrophe per day", the rest of our afternoon should be smooth sailing. Right? WRONG! A few hours later, I am again in the kitchen (this time getting him a cup of juice) when I see him standing in the doorway between our kitchen and middle room. He's got one hand in the crack of the door and the other hand on the door knob. After all, the cat is coming, and won't it be fun to slam the door in the cat's face? I yell out "NO!!!!" just in time to see the door close and to hear a sickening crunch! His hand is in the door! This time he cried for about 5-10 minutes. There was a red indent stretching across his knuckles but that went away. He is using his hand and is able to bend it, so I don't think it's broken. But, we're going to keep a close eye on it. And so that was my day and it's only 4:00. Yes, I imagine there just might be a special place in Heaven for us moms of little boys. I just hope he doesn't send me there before my time!!! I hope you all have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Jack..poor you!!!
well, at least he hasn't eaten butt cream
Post a Comment