Monday, September 22, 2008

Daddy Sane

One night last week, while I was busy getting Jack ready for bed, I realized I needed something from our upstairs. Knowing that Shane was already up there, I began calling out his name. It didn't take long for somebody else to start calling for Daddy too.....All of a sudden (in his loudest voice) I can hear Jack calling out "Sane", "Sane", "Sane". Then he gave me his big smile and laughed "Daddy". It shocked me that 1.) He was able to say Shane and 2.) that he knew that Shane was Daddy. He is a smart little boy. This morning when he woke up he tried calling out for his Daddy (who was at work) and when that didn't work, he tried calling for Sane. And when that failed him, he finally gave up and called for Momma. Lately, he has been learning a few new words each day. Some of his newest are: apple, Jean (my sister), tongue (dung), horse, and he now says "poop" after he goes potty in his diaper. Too bad he doesn't warn me of that before-hand!!! He is also big into giving hugs and kisses. This past weekend, my mom was in Georgia visiting my sister Ang and her family. I saw pictures of my niece and nephew and can't believe how big they're getting....I miss you guys so much!

4 comments:

Nina said...

He is so smart. I had a great time visiting his cousins but it was way too short. I wish we lived closer. Jack would have so much fun with them. I am truly blessed to have 3 wonderful daughters and 3amazing Grandchildren. I love you all
Mom xx

Angela Nazworth said...

Too cute and the fact that he tells you when he poops is a good sign that he'll potty train early.

Anonymous said...

Jack is too stinkin' cute. He really is talking up a storm. I love it "Sane" . . . too funny.

Anonymous said...

Now you'll have to be really careful what you say. Remind "Uncle" NAte of that!!!