Friday, March 28, 2008

A Pain in the Neck

I woke up this morning hoping to be able to enjoy a nice, relaxing Sunday, but that didn't happen. Instead, I woke up only being able to turn my head to one side and with horrible pain in my back and neck. I don't know what I did (Dr. Shane thinks it's a pulled muscle) but I hope it hurries up and goes away. It definitely doesn't help matters when you have to carry around a 20+ pound bouncing baby!!! Shane had promised to take our niece Katie fishing and we didn't want to disappoint her so I stayed home alone with Jack. Luckily, Mom and Jean came by for a few hours and really helped me out. Melanie also offered her help (thanks, Mel!) so it really wasn't too bad. Later in the evening, after the 100th time of applying heat to my back, Shane came home with orders from our pharmacist to apply ICE every 10 minutes--GREAT!!! Apparently heat can cause more inflammation. No wonder I'm in pain. But Jack had a great day anyway--he ended up being visited by his Nina, Aunt Jean, Uncle Jason, Aunt Melanie, and Grandma Cathy. Thank you everyone for all your help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! Anytime you need help you know where to find me! :) Have a great Monday. Hopefully we'll get one walk in this week, that would be nice.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I'm so sorry your neck is hurting. I hope you feel better soon. Love ya Sledger.