Thursday, October 25, 2012
There's A Hurricane A' Comin'
Is anybody else totally freaking themselves out about "The Perfect Storm" that's supposed to slam into the coast this upcoming week? I can't help but think of one of my favorite Golden Girl episodes where Sophia tries to warn the other girls about the hurricane "a'comin". I was on the phone tonight for nearly an hour whipping my Mom and Brandon into a frenzy. My Mom told me to "get into the basement" if and when the storm hits. Ummm, isn't that one of the least safest spots considering inevitable flooding and the ground sinking/giving way? I would assume you'd want to head to higher ground, but maybe I'm wrong. I must consult the experts on the weather channel about this....and that is where you will find me until the storm hits...camped out on the couch with my eyes in a zombie-like trance.....fixated on the weather channel.....24/7. Soaking up every last detail and whipping my family into a frenzy. I may take time out to hit Wal Mart in the midst of it all. I will be the crazy lady with the zombie-like stare, grabbing the last of the bread and milk, and fighting an old woman for a dozen eggs. And then when the storm finally does hit, I will be too emotionally and physically spent to help the hubby board up windows. Yep, I've got this all figured out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment