Friday, June 15, 2012
A Friend In Need...
Usually when someone in my life, particularly a good friend or family member is facing a hardship, I like to make myself available to them. I will often call or text to see how they're doing, offer my help in any way, send a card or a little trinket with an inspirational quote on it. I don't do these things for recognition or even in hopes that someday my kindness would be returned, I do it because I genuinely love and care for the person. Lately, I've found out just how many people are willing or not willing to do the same for me....and it's been very eye-opening. The past few weeks have been extremely tough for me and my family, with me having a medical scare that landed me a day in the hospital and then having to have a painful procedure performed just a few weeks later. There were people who surprised me with phone calls and visits and offers of help, and it was so greatly appreciated. And then there were some friends and family who didn't even take the time to call or visit or even send a text asking how I was. I have to say, it's very hurtful in some ways and very telling in others. Have we gotten so "busy" and consumed with ourselves that we can't spend a few seconds calling a friend who is sick? Are we that wrapped up in our own lives that we can't think of others? It's pretty upsetting and it has really hardened me towards some people in my life. People who I once regarded as close. So, I just want to say thank you to those friends and family that have truly shown how much they care these past few weeks. Your phone calls, prayers, words of encouragement, visits, and offers of help were so greatly appreciated. A special thanks to Shannon for your phone call and our beautiful conversation. It touched my heart. May God bless you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment