Saturday, October 22, 2011
The Day Every Dad Dreams About....
Today my husband beamed with pride and nearly burst with excitement as he took Jack out for their first father/son hunting experience. The duo headed off into the woods behind my Dad's house in hot pursuit of squirrels. They were so cute as they walked off in their matching camo pants, hunting vests, and orange hats. Needless to say, it was a tense hour and a half as Brynley, my dad, and myself waited at the house for them to return. I passed the time by cooking the handsome hunters a homemade chicken potpie meal with peas, coleslaw, Italian bread, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Just as we were setting the table for dinner, our fearless hunters returned home with quite the kill. My adorable little son had 6 squirrels tucked into his hunting vest and was wearing a grin from ear to ear. We ate dinner while Jack kept us entertained with endless stories of their trip into the woods....and believe me, these stories were quite entertaining! We now have 6 skinned and cleaned squirrels in our fridge. Anybody hungry??? Jack is insisting we make squirrel potpie with it but I think I may leave the squirrel cooking to Daddy. I must post pictures of today, it was an awesome day, full of wonderful memories and moments a father and his son will never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment