Monday, September 5, 2011

Their First Trip To Camp

This weekend we were invited to spend some time a few hours from home at my aunt and uncle's cabin. I have such fond memories of spending time there as a child and I was so eager to share the experience with our kids. They had a blast! Our first evening there, we were finishing up supper when a mama bear and her four cubs walked up to camp. We watched as they sniffed the fire pit where we'd made dinner and laughed as the little cubs frolicked in the ferns and climbed up the trees. What an awesome experience, all just feet from the cabin. The next day we took a trip to the local trading post "The Fin, Fur, and Feather" to get your usual cheap souvenir....it is a must-stop place when you're in the area! Then we headed to the town of Woolrich and visited the Woolrich store. Then it was time for a lot of sight-seeing, spotting deer, and back to the cabin for roasting marshmallows, talking around the campfire, playing games, wonderful company and yummy food. Later, on the second night we saw the momma bear and her four cubs again! The kids could not have been happier! It was a wonderful and very relaxing trip. Hopefully it will be the start of many more to come! Now this mama bear is exhausted! My two cubs are tucked in bed, along with daddy bear, I managed to somehow get everything unpacked and put away and do all the wash from our trip. To top it off, I also deep cleaned our living room carpets! But to be honest, I only did the latter because I absolutely had to.....Brynley had a poopy diaper explosion. But, it's done, the house looks and smells great and I'm heading to bed. PreSchool starts Wednesday. Sniff, sniff.....not ready for summer to be over yet...how about you? Not ready for my son to be a year closer to kindergarten either. :(

No comments: