Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Our Eye-Opening Doctor's Appointment
Today we had a routine baby doc. appointment. Jack accompanied us on this particular trip and was amazed to hear his baby sister's heartbeat. She was moving around quite a bit and had a heartbeat of 168. Ever since Jack heard this he has been patting my belly, kissing my belly, and saying "shhhh, baby". I'm not sure how much he actually comprehends, but he does seem to be catching on to the fact that something is going on here!!! I got my first surprise when the doctor informed me that my blood pressure was slightly high and that she would like to see me again next week for a follow-up. My lower number was 82 which doesn't seem high to me, but apparently your blood pressure should be lower than normal when you're pregnant. So we will be headed back next week to double-check my blood pressure. The second shock came when the doc. measured my belly....around this stage of the pregnancy, they start measuring your belly to make sure you're measuring right for your due date. Your supposed to be as many centimeters as you are weeks pregnant. I am 24 weeks pregnant and was shocked to learn that I am measuring 27 weeks!!! They are a bit concerned that this may be a big baby and are telling me that I will definitely have another ultra-sound around 36 weeks to determine just how big she is. I am hoping that I won't have to push out a ten pound baby, but I guess I'd rather do that than have a C-section. Well, it's off to bed...this has been a long day and tomorrow is a very special day---my 4th wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary, Shane!!! I love you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary Mer!! And ..GASP! :-)
Wow! I can't believe you're 24 weeks already!!!! Sorry to hear about all that's going on. Time to let hubby do more for you (which I'm sure he will) and get some needed rest and down time for yourself and your little girl.
I can't even imagine pushing out a 10 pounder. YIKES!!!! OUCH!!!!!
Jack is so cute saying shhh, baby. Awww - tell him Book says hi.
Take care Mer!!!! And, if you need anything, please call. Love ya lots, Kel
Thank you so much for your love and concern. It's great to have your family around when things get you down! I love you guys!!!
Post a Comment