Sunday, May 10, 2009
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all the mothers out there that I hold close to my heart! I never imagined myself becoming a mother...I was never one of those girls who dreamt about my wedding day, my future husband, or children. Even after Shane and I were married we were never certain if we wanted a family. We were so used to our spoiled "get up and go" , "spend on yourself", "sleep till noon on Saturday" lifestyle that we were a little scared to add a child to our lives. Finally in 2006, we decided it was time to expand our family and on July 18, 2007 I became a mommy. For the nine months that I was pregnant, I worried about the type of mom I'd be, if I could handle all the changes and responsibilities a baby brought, and how I would handle all the sleepless nights...and they're were PLENTY of sleepless nights!!! But when they placed Jack in my arms for the first time I felt a peace and calmness like he was mine and I was his and I was ready and able to do this. And I would still worry if I was doing things right, I would pace the floor on sleepless nights, and I would also remember my single life fondly at times....but I also felt more love than I'd ever experienced in my life and a real purpose for being here. The past 22 months of my life have been a whirlwind of love, hugs, kisses, laughter, and wonderful memories sprinkled with runny noses, vomiting, temper tantrums, lots of demands, and even a few bite marks. But those 22 months are filled with days I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. I have such a special bond with my son that I hope we'll have forever. He is my biggest fan and I am his. And now we are looking forward to adding a daughter to our lives. I can't even begin to imagine all the wonderful surprises she'll bring to our lives and how much more fulfilling our family life will be. We will be doubly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwwww....Happy Mother's Day Mer!
Love ya, Kel
Post a Comment