Saturday, January 14, 2012

Unmeasurable Love

Tonight was one of those nights where out of nowhere, you're hit with such an extreme, overwhelming, unmeasurable love for your children that you are left as a blubbering, puddle of tears and emotions. My moment happened in the bathroom while I was waiting for my four year old to finish pooping. Earlier that evening, the kids and I decided to rent a movie since the 49'ers were in a playoff game for the first time in 200 years ( kidding) and we knew daddy would be monopolizing the big screen. We rented "Mr. Popper's Penguins" and headed upstairs to Jack's bedroom. We positioned his frog tent in front of the tv, filled it with pillows and blankets, and crammed inside for a fun night of movie watching. Throughout the movie, we layed side by side talking, laughing, and just being silly together. After the movie was over, it was soon bath and then bedtime. After everyone was tucked in tight, I was downstairs cleaning up when I heard the pitter patter of little feet headed to the bathroom. Knowing that I would be needed, I begrudgingly headed upstairs. Sure enough, I found Jack on the potty....while waiting for him to finish up, we began talking about our day....he looked up at me with his big, beautiful brown eyes and said "Mommy, I had such a blast with you and sissy watching "Mr. Popper's Penguins", it was the best time ever!" My eyes welled with tears and I told him what a wonderful time I had as well....it wasn't a day at an amusement park, or an expensive toy, it was just a simple movie with a mommy, her babies, and an unmeasurable amount of love. Some things in life really are priceless.....

No comments: