Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer!

Well here it is, August 1st already, and I'm left to wonder what the heck happened to Summer? It seems like it took forever for it to get here and then it went as quickly as it came! I guess it's mainly because the lazy days of summer don't really exist anymore. Between picnics, family reunions, amusement park outings, swimming, vacations, birthdays, fireworks, and festivals, we have not been home much, but our days have been enjoyable. Yesterday was spent at Shane's company picnic at Knoebels Grove Amusement Park. Despite being quite hot it was a really fun day and the kids enjoyed themselves so much! This week we are enjoying the company of my adorable niece and nephew for the week. Xylie and Zayden are visiting from Ohio and Jack and Brynley are over the moon! I watch them playing and having a blast together and it breaks my heart that it only happens once or twice a year. I wish we all lived closer, because these cousins love each other sooooo much! I'm so thankful for this wonderful summer (seemingly short or not), the awesome week ahead of us, our lovely family and friends, and all our many blessings. I hope you're all doing well!!!

No comments: