Friday, March 23, 2012

Night Owl

Here it is, nearly midnight, and I'm still awake. I've got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow but I can't seem to pull myself away from the tv and get my butt into bed. I'm really into this program on the NatGeo channel called "Devil's Playground"....it's all about the 4 years where Amish kids get to decide whether they will join the Amish church or not. It is pretty wild, these kids get into all sorts of trouble and some even become drug dealers and hard drug users. I am intrigued and can't seem to pull myself away. Maybe we "English" should do the opposite when our kids turn 16 and turn them Amish for a year or two. They just might be more appreciative of things like higher education, transportation, cell phones....maybe they wouldn't have such an entitled view of life. At 16, I had a phone in my bedroom with my own personal phone line, a tv, vcr, and more clothes and shoes than I knew what to do with. I don't think I was nearly as appreciative as I could have been. I wonder what would have happened if I was thrown into the Amish way of life? Just working the long hours in the fields, in the heat, with the long dresses??? Well, I probably would have keeled over within the first week. How about you? Oh my, I guess I'm rambling and should probably get some sleep. Jack's preschool has yet another fundraiser tomorrow--an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast at the Moose. Guess who volunteered to help? So, if you want a good breakfast Saturday morning, head to the Moose for your fill of pancakes, sausage, juice, and coffee. $4.00 per person from 7-11 am. Hope to see you there!!! The kids and I will be there bright and early....and just Shane's luck, he has to work tomorrow! He'll be missing all the chaos.. I mean, fun! I hope you all have a great weekend, and come on out and support the PreSchool! ;)

No comments: